Wednesday, 13 June 2012
What does it take to be a good wife?
The weather these days is so unpredictable. One minute it is sunny, the next minute, the sky is so cloudy and down comes the rain. I just ensure that I have my handy umbrella in my handbag always. Global climatic change indeed.
I was still thinking about the weather and how to get to my appointment on time without the usual Lagos traffic when Sumbo called. Wow! What a surprise! I immediately remembered I promised to call her when she returns from her honeymoon - but I didn't!
The incoming call said 'Sumbo babe' but the voice wasn't that of my larger than life, all happy girlfriend. She was crying so much. I tried to calm her down but all she was asking was a question I wasn't sure I was the right person to ask. 'What does it take to be a good wife?
I remembered she shared with me these some lessons she had during their counselling sessions their church had for courting couples. What happened? Didn't she apply them? Did Lekan change? So many questions but the time wasn't right. I tried and was able to calm her down. I promised to meet her soon for lunch so we could really talk sometime next week. Married life!
After the call, I brought out my jotter, it was one of those shared at Sumbo's wedding. I remembered she insisting that she had told the printer to print at the inside back page something special for everyone.
20 promises of Marriage:
1. Start each day with prayers
2. Wear your wedding ring all the time
3. Accept each others differences
4. Do what your partner wants before he or she ask
5. Encourage each other
6. Call, send text messages, ping each other during the day.
7. Ask for each other's opinion
8. Show respect
9. Look your best
11. Ask "what can I do to make you happier?"
12. Respond quickly to your partner's request.
13. Talk about your love for each other
14. Pray for each other daily
15. Say "I love you" frequently
16. Give gifts to each other
17. Talk about your dreams
18. Be positive
19. Admit when wrong
20. Seek the face of God always
Posted by Ritty