Wednesday 27 June 2012

Handling Love my way


Interestingly, a few months back I resolved to take my workout exercises seriously. I mean lose a few pound in the right places, tone and firm up some muscles. What went wrong? I am asking myself because what I am seeing in the mirror this morning seems to have come from somewhere else most certainly! So many activities just disrupted my workout plans.

How I long to love my curves and be in shape once again. I definately have to start working on a few routines that will incorporate exercises that will help me work my love handles (the oblique region of the torso) over time. Wonderful plan, I just hope I will stick to it this time.

I intend going hard on the three areas that will help firm my mid-section. This is going to be hard work but I have to trust myself on this one this time around, I am ready this time around, *wink*

These are my three areas of concentration: 

1) Eating Healthy Diet; I need to build up energy and burn fat.

- Drink at least three liters of water per day (100 oz)

- Eat five servings of vegetables and fruits per day

-Reduce intake of fried foods and cheese

-Limitprocessed sugar, beverages, soft drinks, cookies, chocolates

- Eliminate fatty red meat, only lean red meats (1-2 times weekly)

I know if I eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise, the fat will come off and I will be healthier and not lose lean muscle. I can't diet!


2) Do my Cardio exercise to burn fat. This is because the last few pounds of fat is typically stored in the hips, buttocks and thigh region.

I will try and comply with my gym instructor's advice and do 20 to 45 minutes of activities like walking, running, biking, or swimming daily 4-5 times per week, but also mix in 2-3 times a week of basic calisthenics like pushups, bench dips, squats and lunges. That should be enough, lol.

3) Targeted Abdominal exercises, this will help firm the muscles under the fatty area

In a few weeks hopefully, I should start seeing visible results. This should be worth it indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOODLUCK!
me, i have given up and simply maintain my love handles jealousy!..ahahahaha

Ritty said...

@ Simply mee, I hear u. That is too expensive o. I know a little effort will yield the much desired result.